- First, you want to decide what you’re going to create a map of. Feel free to be creative, you could map out places you’ve gone on vacation, your favorite story, or places you’d like to visit. Create a map of whatever you like!
- Visit the Google My Maps website (google.com/maps/about/mymaps/) and click the “Get Started” button. You will then have to sign in with your Google account to continue.
- Once you are logged in, click the “Create a New Map” button.
- You will now be in the map editing screen. Start by clicking the text “Untitled map.” A box will come up where you can give it a title.
- At the top in the center, there is a search bar. Right below it, there are various buttons. Start by clicking “Add marker.”
- Next, click any place on the map where you’d like to add a point.
- A box will appear, where you can give the point a title and description. You can also click the camera icon in the lower right to attach a photo or video to the point.
- After you’ve created a point, you can click on it and click the pencil icon to change the text, or click the camera icon again to attach more photos and videos to the point. You can also click the first button on the left that looks like a paint bucket to change the color and icon of the point.
If you’d like to try more advanced features with Google My Maps, check out the Google Guide.