IRIS and your digital project
Make an appointment
to discuss your digital project and learn how IRIS can support you through the process of creating it. Let us know the basic premise of your project and tell us a few times during the week you are usually available.
Questions to consider
While in the beginning stages of brainstorming your digital project, there are many things to take into consideration…
In regard to platform…
In regard to audience…
- Who do you want your project to reach?
- What is your intended impact?
- What will your project enable people to do?
In regard to sustainability…
- How will this make use of existing campus resources?
- Will you use open source software?
- Does it connect to or contribute to other projects in the field?
- Does it require extensive custom programming?
- What is the required project staff?
- How long do you expect to contribute to this project?
- What do you want to happen to it when you finish?
Other things to keep in mind…
- How much new content will be uploaded and how often?
- How will you handle project promotion and outreach?
- Who will be responsible for project management?
- What methods will you use to ensure quality control?
- In what way will your project maintain cultural awareness and/or handle sensitive content?
- How will you protect the rights of contributors and enforce the ethical use of content?
- How will you archive content in addition to what is on the website?
- What methods will you use for cataloging content on the website?
- Are you collaborating solely within SIUE or will you also be working with other institutions/individuals?
Questions from http://digitalhumanities.berkeley.edu/resources/technical-evaluation-digital-humanities-projects
The consultation meeting
At our meeting, we will complete the following form together:
Creating instances of Omeka and WordPress
The IRIS Center can now issue instances of Omeka and WordPress to faculty, staff, and students working on digital projects through the IRIS Center. Following a consultation appointment and the determination of platforms needed for your project, you can submit a request to IRIS staff. Please let us know your eID, email address, and what project name you would like to be included in the url, which will appear as iris.siue.edu/projectname for WordPress pages and iris.siue.edu/projectname-archive for Omeka pages.
Memo of Understanding