Founded in 2009, the IRIS Center at SIUE is an interdisciplinary facility designed to support individual and collaborative scholarship (at faculty and student levels) that applies digital content as a primary methodology.
The IRIS Center mission is to:
- facilitate cross-disciplinary and collaborative projects that involve applications, enhancements and re-conceptualizations of computing and information technology in the humanities and social sciences
- support these projects via access to physical facilities and human resources
- foster active mentorship and collaboration between faculty and students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- encourage the development of curricular innovation that makes significant use of digital and informatics applications and resources
- promote digital endeavors that intersect with community initiatives and organizations