Founded in 2009, the IRIS Center at SIUE is an interdisciplinary facility designed to support individual and collaborative scholarship (at faculty and student levels) that applies digital content as a primary methodology.
The IRIS Center mission has aimed to:
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary and collaborative projects that involve innovative uses of computing in the humanities and social sciences.
- Support these projects via access to physical facilities and human resources.
- Foster active mentorship and collaboration between faculty and students at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Encourage the development of curricular innovation that makes significant use of digital applications and resources.
- Promote digital endeavors that intersect with community initiatives and organizations.