This trip to the Garden informed a few parts of our research team’s goal but not in as depth as we would have preferred. In the archival traces worksheet, a concept called “instances of possibility” is mentioned which basically translates to possessing potential. I found that there was an ample amount of room for possibility and potential after reviewing some of the documents. While listening to the employee of the garden describe the details of the specimens, we found that there were not many details at all that would answer our questions explicitly. So instead, we chose to not make evaluations based on what information we had but rather the lack thereof and how this unavailability further informs our search for African American knowledge in the garden. The specimens did have a few common themes such as being used for medicinal purposes. There was even a specimen containing red seeds used as spiritual protection by a specific culture of people. I noticed that the creators of the specimens were mostly the same although this was intentional as the archivist sorted through the archives to tailor to our group’s needs, I thought it was important to note. The worker who went through the specimens with our team mentioned to us how rare it is that the common names and usages of the plants were rarely included in the archives. This does carry that theme of “silencing,” but I am not sure how we would begin to effectively address this in our research teams. The workers in the garden seem to struggle to attain this information and they are trained in this. If the lack of information is the root issue and we either cannot attain it or it is really difficult to, it is not apparent to me how we will get over this hurdle.